Enterprise Printing Solutions
Improve workflow, manage your environment and optimize your infrastructure.
Enterprise Printing solutions from Inovity offer flexibility in design and printing, as well as integration with core business applications and physical processes. Enterprise printing systems are fault-tolerant, scalable, flexible, provide validation and can be centrally managed.
An enterprise printing system includes:
- Scalable performance levels
- Centralized control of label formats
- Visibility of all printing system components
- Automatic notification of printer and system errors or warnings
- Automatic handling of errors
- Centralized management of all printers and the entire printing system
- Network or web-based printing for employees, vendors and/or suppliers
- Multiple modules to support mobile, desktop, and enterprise printing
Integrate with Business Systems
An enterprise printing system that is tightly integrated to corporate information systems is far less likely to have data integrity problems than one that relies on manual user input or off-line databases. Such integration can range from an API (Application Programming Interface), to structured text transmitted via FTP (File Transfer Protocol), to email messages.
Flexible and Scalable
Multiple Printers—Today’s enterprise typically supports a wide range of printers. As technology evolves and improves, an organization’s printing environment is likely quite diverse. Having a system that supports the widest range of printers—and allows the rapid addition of more printers—is key to future growth.
Technology Adoption—A flexible printing system will allow the addition and use of automated technologies, such as bar coding or RFID, without disruption to operations. A properly-designed enterprise printing solution will take the use of future technologies into consideration.
Design Once / Print to Many—A key element of a system’s flexibility is allowing label designs to be sent to any printer without needing to be re-designed. Most non-enterprise labeling applications design a label specific to a single printer (or printer family) requiring multiple versions of the label be design and maintained. An enterprise printing system allows key labels to be designed once and used across the enterprise, regardless of printer or user.
Centralized, network or web-based management is a key element of an enterprise printing system. When you reduce the need to support and manage local printers and client software, IT resources can be reallocated for a more cost-effective infrastructure Manageability in the enterprise includes:
– Controls over label design changes once they’re certified
– Centralized management of all printers
– Visibility of printer status and supply levels
– Exception notifications
– Redirection of print jobs after hardware failure
– Transaction history for business compliance (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, quality claims, etc.)
Labeling systems can be varied and complex. Choosing an experienced and certified partner, such as Inovity, can mean the difference between a enterprise printing system that seamlessly generates labels and one that generates headaches.
You have product to ship. Your printing system shouldn’t slow you down. Contact us today to learn more.