Troubleshoot Wireless Network Performance
With a real-time view of all WLAN traffic, AirDefense enables network administrators to remotely troubleshoot problems, identify and respond to network mis-configurations, and monitor the networks availability. AirDefense analyzes traffic flow to interpret WLAN performance and identify usage characteristics, interference from neighboring WLANs, channel overlap, and performance degradation.
AirDefense can help measure network usage & performance by determining over-utilized APs & channels, pinpointing network congestion, finding bandwidth hogs & analyzing utilization & congestion trends. It can also notify administrators of AP failures, report missing devices and maintain wireless service level agreements.
Extreme AirDefense Enterprise includes Live View, a tool that offers real time remote troubleshooting and analysis of wireless networks. Administrators can drill down into a live, streaming view of devices, BSSIDs, and channels to review remote frame captures, authentication errors, AP configuration issues & network interference.
Extreme AirDefense Enterprise by Extreme introduces a completely redesigned Live View offering the following enhancements:
- User definable views—Create and save customized views to pinpoint problems faster by focusing on actionable data
- 28 new analysis visualizations—Quickly identify and resolve network problems by choosing from a variety of easy-to-analyze graphs and charts
- Connections diagram—Visualization of Layer 2 802.11 connectivity
- Appliance frame capture—Smart frame capture; save and store only the data needed
- Offline capture analysis—Review and troubleshoot saved captures; no need to use 3rd party tools
Investigate Incidents with Forensic Data
AirDefense Enterprise provides forensic data that allows you to retrace any one device’s steps down to the minute. With forensic research, investigating an event takes minutes instead of potentially hours. Cases that normally would have required administrators to physically visit sites can now be investigated remotely. Administrators can rewind and review minute-by-minute records of connectivity and communication with the network. By storing more than 325 data points per wireless device, per connection, per minute, AirDefense Enterprise allows organizations to view months of historical data on a wireless device that was recently discovered to be suspicious.
AirDefense stores important information such as channel activity, signal characteristics, device activity and traffic flow. AirDefense can display:
- Time of attack/breach
- Entry point used
- Length of exposure
- Transfers of data
- Systems compromised
The reporting engine included in AirDefense Enterprise enables network administrators to build their own highly customized reports within minutes. AirDefense already includes built-in reports covering a variety of wireless network activity and fulfilling compliance requirements from auditors. With the new reporting engine, administrators can customize reports to meet the specific requirements of their internal audit groups or external auditors. One example of such a requirement is monitoring of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements. In addition to running reports in real-time, administrators can schedule detailed reports to run overnight so they are complete and ready for review at the team members’ convenience.
The powerful new reporting engine allows administrators:
- Build fully customizable reports & schedule delivery. Stock reports include compliance, security, performance & system health
- Include customizable summary information & choose fields important to your business
- Use graphs to provide a quick snapshot of important metrics
- Choose fields, apply filters, and sort tables to provide the precise amount of detail required
AirDefense Enterprise includes powerful location tracking technology that allows administrators to minimize the amount of time required to find a device when visiting a site. After importing images of a floor plan and specifying the characteristics of the building, AirDefense is able to consistently locate devices within four cubicles.