If your field service workforce isn’t automated, your business will be left behind
If you’re waiting for better economic times to improve your business, you’ll soon find yourself behind your competition. Field service workers using manual processes cripple a businesses with errors, duplicate efforts, slow receivables and unhappy customers. Successful mobile workforce automation brings compelling, almost immediate improvements: increased worker productivity, greater accuracy, lower operational costs, and improved customer service and support. This success hinges on the ability to provide your field workers with secure, real-time access to critical information and applications in the field. Empower your workers with the resources they need to be effective, and you will see faster business transactions, improved customer service, increased revenue and ultimately, happier customers. Best-in-class field service is more than just the acquisition of mobile devices. It involves a strategic understanding of service processes and the capabilities required to support mobile workforce automation. Inovity understands the intricacies of field service can help you empower your mobile workers to perform at the highest levels, while increasing productivity and reducing paperwork.
The best service organizations earn 26% profit margins, compared to 15% for the typical firm. They maintain much higher service-level agreement rates, and can bill their customers far more quickly, helping to improve their cash flow.
By extending the back-office to their field workforce, organizations can also increase service profitability by an average of 17%. In short, optimizing field service processes helps organizations remain not only efficient, but competitive.
Mobile workforce solutions have the greatest impact in the area that has the highest costs—labor
By giving your technicians the tools they need to perform their job more efficiently, you can sharply reduce labor costs and significantly improve productivity. By replacing paper-based forms and communication with field service automation, you can immediately realize significant benefits:
- Push work orders to the field electronically
- Schedule service automatically
- Route technicians dynamically based on location and priority of the service, by the experience or skills of the worker, and/or by the inventory or parts they have with them
- Capture data at the point of activity, thereby eliminating the need for redundant data entry, either in the field or back at the office
- Increase the quality and turn-around time of information
- Perform dynamic troubleshooting in the field and greatly improve diagnostic times with immediate, on-demand access to technical reference guides and service histories
- Allow faster, more efficient billing and improved payment cycles by electronically documenting all services performed and parts used
- Improve tracking of field worker time and materials Increase technician productivity and add more service stops by eliminating paperwork
- Improve customer satisfaction (and ultimately, business profitability) by improving the turn-around time and quality of the service
What is involved with field service automation?
Mobile and wireless technologies are the foundation of field service automation solutions, along with mobile workforce software applications that connect your workers and your data. Bar code or RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) scanners offer rapid data entry for equipment, parts, and inventory control. GPS units pinpoint the location of specific technicians, while navigation and routing functionality reduce drive time and fuel costs. Rugged mobile printers provide paper receipts at the time of service, and wireless wide area networks (WANs) offer real-time communication between back-end systems and remote service technicians. Return on investment for a field service automation solution can often be seen in mere months. Inovity is an experienced provider and has implemented numerous, successful mobile workforce deployments for companies of varying sizes. Whether you have 15 trucks or 1,500, we can bring this complete, profit-building solution to your business as well. See how one HVAC company saved over $600,000 in their first year alone.
1“Trends in Mobile Field Service: Empowering your field technicians to deliver better, faster service.” Aberdeen Group, June 2009.